Howdens #100beautifulkitchens Prize Draw - Prize Draw Terms and Conditions 2018
About the Prize Draw
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Howdens Joinery Limited of 40 Portman Square, London W1H 6LT (Promoter).
2. By entering the Howdens #100beautifulkitchens Prize Draw you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. The Prize Draw starts at 00:01:01 BST on Monday 23 July 2018 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on Sunday 16 September 2018 (Prize Draw Period). You must submit your entries within the Prize Draw Period.
4. The Prize Draw is only open to permanent residents of England, Scotland or Wales who are aged 18 or over, and who are either an individual builder / tradesperson with a Howdens account who has installed a Howdens kitchen within the last 12 months. If you do not have a Howdens account, you are not eligible to enter.
5. References to a ‘Howdens kitchen’ means a kitchen which has a Howdens’ front/drawers and cabinets.
6. Maximum of 6 entries per person, each entry must be of a different Howdens kitchen.
7. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Prize Draw and all affiliates of such companies may not enter.
Entering the Prize Draw
8. Eligible entrants may enter the Prize Draw by:
a. posting a photograph of the Howdens kitchen on Instagram using the hashtag “#100beautifulkitchens” and mentioning the name of the Howdens kitchen range featured (this must be publicly accessible); or
b. emailing a photograph of the Howdens kitchen to email@example.com with the subject #100beautifulkitchens and including their name and the name of the Howdens kitchen range featured, before the expiry of the Prize Draw Period. Note that images submitted by email may be shared by the Promoter on its Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram account.
9. You warrant and undertake that the photograph that you are submitting is your own photograph that you took yourself and that you own all the rights in it (including copyright). The Howdens kitchen must be clearly visible in the photograph, so the photograph must be of a reasonable quality and resolution – it must not be blurry when viewed via Instagram on a mobile device, PC or laptop.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that any images you submit have been taken with the permission of anybody featured within the photograph, and that it does not feature anyone under the age of 18. You warrant and undertake that the photograph does not infringe the rights of any third party or any applicable laws.
11. If you are submitting a photograph of a Howdens kitchen taken in someone’s home, you must ensure that person has given you permission to share the photograph of their home.
12. You must only post appropriate content, and the Promoter reserves the right to remove or report any content that it deems inappropriate.
Choosing the winning entries
13. The Promoter (under the supervision of an independent person) will choose three winning entries at random from all eligible entries received within the Prize Draw Period within 5 working days after the expiry of the Prize Draw Period. The three winning entries will be allocated with first, second and third prize in the order that they have been drawn.
14. The Promoter may exclude any entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contain any inappropriate content with which the Promoter does not want to be affiliated, for example, competitor products, alcohol, cigarettes or drug paraphernalia.
15. The decision of the independent supervisor of the Prize Draw will be final.
16. The Promoter will notify the winners by commenting on the winning entries and asking them to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact number, email address, choice of prize and delivery address or account information for the prize. The winners must respond within 10 working days of the notification with their details, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
17. The Promoter may also request from any winner to provide evidence that the kitchen in the winning entry is a Howdens kitchen. If the winner fails to provide conclusive evidence of the above, such as proof of purchase, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
18. The prizes awarded are as follows:
a. 1st prize - £1,000 Howdens’ trade account credit (Account Credit) OR £500 Amazon Voucher
b. 2nd prize - £500 Account Credit OR £250 Amazon Voucher
c. 3rd prize - £250 Account Credit OR £125 Amazon Voucher
19. A winner may elect to receive an Account Credit or Amazon Voucher.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any of the address and / or account information provided by a winner before awarding the prize. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any lost or returned prizes where it has made reasonable efforts to ascertain the correct postal address or account details of the winners.
21. The prize will be awarded within 25 working days from receipt of the prize winner’s name, contact number, email address, choice of prize and delivery address or account information.
23. The winners may also be required to take part in reasonable further post Prize Draw publicity for the Promoter, which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by the Promoter (or third parties on behalf of the Promoter) for publicity purposes.
Intellectual Property Rights
24. Entrants agree that the Promoter can re-post, re-tweet, publicise and otherwise use the photograph or other content provided by you in participating in the Prize Draw (with or without any accompanying comments and information like your handle and profile pic). You agree that we can do that via the same platform(s) that you posted or shared the photograph or other content, as well as via other social networks and digital marketing platforms that we use, and on our websites (including www.howdens.com) for as long as we deem appropriate.
25. You acknowledge that by entering the Prize Draw, you waive all rights to review, approve or receive notice of our use of the photograph or other content and agree to waive all and not to assert any moral rights (e.g. the right to be attributed as an author) or similar rights in such content.
26. The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize Draw.
29. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information or technical fault of any kind.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner, and to refuse entry or refuse the giving of any prize if the Promoter reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
31. Prize details are correct at the date of publication.
32. The Promoter reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Prize Draw is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw).
33. After the entrants have been notified of their winning entry and accepted the prize, their entries may be displayed by Howdens in an Instagram post, which will be globally accessible, in perpetuity.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the name and county of the prize winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Social Media Manager, Howdens Joinery Limited, The Grove, Liliput Road, Brackmills Industrial Estate, Northampton NN4 7EY.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud, or any other type of liability which may not be limited or excluded under applicable law. Subject to that, the Promoter shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
a. technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Prize Draw;
b. any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
c. any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
d. any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize in transit thereto.
36. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
37. This Prize Draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Prize Draw (including the prize)
38. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, you acknowledge that Instagram do not bear any responsibility for this Prize Draw and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Prize Draw. All information you provide when you enter the Prize Draw is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram or any other social media channel.