Promotion Terms and Conditions
#HowdensPrizedPets Prize Draw Terms and Conditions 2019
About the Prize Draw
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Howdens Joinery Limited of 40 Portman Square, London W1H 6LT (Promoter).
2. By entering the Howdens #HowdensPrizedPets Prize Draw you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. The Prize Draw starts at 00:01:01 BST on Friday 12th April 2019 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on Sunday 5th May 2019 (Prize Draw Period). You must submit your entries within the Prize Draw Period.
4. The Prize Draw is only open to permanent residents of England, Scotland or Wales who are aged 18 or over.
5. References to a ‘Howdens kitchen’ means a kitchen which has a Howdens’ front/drawers and cabinets.
6. Maximum of 6 entries per person, each entry must be of a different Howdens kitchen.
7. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Prize Draw and all affiliates of such companies may not enter.
Entering the Prize Draw
8. Eligible entrants may enter the Prize Draw by posting a photograph of their pet in a Howdens kitchen on Instagram using the hashtag “#HowdensPrizedPets”, mentioning the name of the Howdens kitchen range featured.
9. You warrant and undertake that the photograph that you are submitting is your own photograph that you took yourself and that you own all the rights in it (including copyright). The Howdens kitchen must be completely installed. The Howdens kitchen must be clearly visible in the photograph, so the photograph must be of a reasonable quality and resolution – it must not be blurry when viewed via Instagram on a mobile device, PC or laptop.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that any images you submit have been taken with the permission of anybody featured within the photograph, and that it does not feature any person under the age of 18. You warrant and undertake that the photograph does not infringe the rights of any third party or any applicable laws.
11. If you are submitting a photograph of a Howdens kitchen taken in someone’s home, you must ensure that person has given you permission to share the photograph of their home.
12. If you are submitting a photograph of someone else’s pet, you must ensure that person has given you permission to share the photograph of their pet.
13. You must only post appropriate content, and the Promoter reserves the right to remove or report any content that it deems inappropriate.
Choosing the winning entries
14. The Promoter (under the supervision of an independent person) will choose four winning entries at random from all eligible entries received within the Prize Draw Period within 30 days after the expiry of the Prize Draw Period. The four winning entries will be allocated a prize of equal value.
15. The Promoter may exclude any entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contain any inappropriate content with which the Promoter does not want to be affiliated, for example, competitor products, alcohol, cigarettes or drug paraphernalia.
16. The decision of the independent supervisor of the Prize Draw will be final.
17. The Promoter will notify the winners by commenting on the winning entries and asking them to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact number, email address and delivery address for the prize. The winners must respond within 10 working days of the notification with their details, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
18. The Promoter may also request from any winner evidence that the kitchen in the winning entry is a Howdens kitchen. If the winner fails to provide conclusive evidence of the above, such as proof of purchase, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
19. The prize is £250 Pets at Home voucher for each of the four winners.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any of the information provided by a winner before awarding the prize. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any lost or returned prizes where it has made reasonable efforts to ascertain the correct postal address of the winners.
21. The prize will be sent by post or email within 14 working days from receipt of the prize winner’s name, contact number, email address and delivery address.
23. The winners may also be required to take part in reasonable further post Prize Draw publicity for the Promoter, which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by the Promoter (or third parties on behalf of the Promoter) for publicity purposes and agree to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
Intellectual Property Rights
24. Entrants agree that the Promoter can re-post, re-tweet, publicise and otherwise use the photograph or other content provided by you in participating in the Prize Draw (with or without any accompanying comments and information like your handle and profile pic). You agree that we can do that via the same platform(s) that you posted or shared the photograph or other content, as well as via other social networks and digital marketing platforms that we use, and on our websites (including www.howdens.com) for as long as we deem appropriate.
25. You acknowledge that by entering the Prize Draw, you waive all rights to review, approve or receive notice of our use of the photograph or other content and agree to waive all and not to assert any moral rights (e.g. the right to be attributed as an author) or similar rights in such content.
26. The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize Draw.
29. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information or technical fault of any kind.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner, and to refuse entry or refuse the giving of any prize if the Promoter reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
31. Prize details are correct at the date of publication.
32. The Promoter reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Prize Draw is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw).
33. After the entrants have been notified of their winning entry and accepted the prize, their entries may be displayed by Howdens in an Instagram post, which will be globally accessible, in perpetuity.
34. By entering this Prize Draw, each entrant acknowledges that if they win a prize, their surname and county of residence (and their winning entry) may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way, or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter at email@example.com. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the UK Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. This may happen where, for example, the Promoter is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place. To request disclosure of the winners’ details, enquirers must submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 2th June 2019 Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after all prizes have been validly claimed.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud, or any other type of liability which may not be limited or excluded under applicable law. Subject to that, the Promoter shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
a. technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Prize Draw;
b. any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
c. any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
d. any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize in transit thereto.
36. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
37. This Prize Draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Prize Draw (including the prize)
38. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Pets At Home, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channel. By entering, you acknowledge that Pets At Home, Instagram and Facebook do not bear any responsibility for this Prize Draw and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Pets At Home, Instagram and Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Prize Draw. All information you provide when you enter the Prize Draw is provided to the Promoter and not to Pets At Home, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channel.
June Rooster 2019 Terms and Conditions
April 2019 Rooster Terms and Conditions
Prices exclude VAT, delivery and installation charges. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Offer ends Saturday 18th May 2019.