Promotion Terms and Conditions
'We beat any like for like quote' promotions
'We won’t be beaten on price' promotions
Confidentiality and data protection for surveys and prize draws
Responses to survey questions will be anonymised. We will only use your personal details to contact you if you are the winner of the prize draw. Any personal data collected during the study will:
- Be processed by Howdens for the duration of the study
- Not be transferred to any third parties, with the exception of Survey Monkey or SurveyMonkey Inc., as detailed above
- Not be retained for any longer than necessary. We will delete your personal data after four months.
Rooster News June 2020
About the Competition
- The promoter of this Competition is Howden Joinery Limited of 40 Portman Square, London W1H 6LT (Promoter).
- By entering the #HowdensTrustTheTrade competition (Competition) you agree to these terms and conditions.
- The Competition starts at 00:01:01 BST on 24 June 2020 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 27 July 2020 (Competition Period). You must submit your entries within the Competition Period.
- The Competition is only open to permanent residents of England, Scotland or Wales who are aged 18 or over.
- Maximum of 1 entry per person (an end user).
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the Competition, an end user must submit at least one photograph (up to a maximum of 4 photographs) of their Howdens kitchen (a kitchen which has a Howdens’ kitchen door front/drawers and cabinets) that has been installed in their home by a builder (with a valid Howdens trade account) and a nomination of the builder and Howdens depot. Howdens reserves the right to check and verify any details submitted including but not limited to, the builders business name and the depot the kitchen was purchased from. Howdens will contact the relevant depot to verify entries when deciding on the shortlist.
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition and in the absence of any such proof, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
- Eligible entrants may enter the Competition by:
- posting at least one photograph of your kitchen on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag “#HowdensTrustTheTrade” the entrant must then nominate their builder and Howdens depot via follow up direct message or direct email from Howdens, or
- submitting at least one photograph of your kitchen by email with “#HowdensTrustTheTrade” as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a nomination of the builder and Howdens depot.
- You warrant and undertake that the photograph(s) that you are submitting is/are your own photograph(s) that you took yourself and that you own all the rights in it/them (including copyright).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any images you submit have been taken with the permission of anybody featured within the photograph, and that it does not feature any person under the age of 18.
- End user confirms that in nominating an individual or company as part of this Competition you have obtained their consent to nominate them prior to entering the Competition and to credit them in any use of the photograph by the Promoter.
Choosing the winning entries
- The Competition entries will be judged by a panel of at least three judges (including at least one independent person). The panel will decide the top 5 entries for each category (there will be 6 categories: U shaped, L shaped, Peninsular, Galley, Single wall and island) based on the following criteria: best use of space, installation, innovative use of layout/cabinets, use of colours and textures and overall kitchen style. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
- The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the end of the Competition Period requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope for the attention of Senior Digital Acquisition Manager to Howden Joinery Limited, The Grove, Liliput Road, Northampton NN4 7DT.
- The Promoter may exclude any entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contain any inappropriate content with which the Promoter does not want to be affiliated, for example, competitor products, alcohol, cigarettes or drug paraphernalia.
- Where an entry was posted on Facebook or Instagram, the Promoter will notify the winners by commenting on/contacting the winning entries and asking them to email email@example.com with their name, contact number, email address and delivery address for the prize. Where an entry was submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the Promoter will reply to the winning email entry and ask the winner for their name, contact number, email address and delivery address for the prize.We will also ask for details of your builder and depot details.
- Prize winner(s) will be notified within 5 working days of the Competition ending.
- The winners must respond within 5 working days of the notification with their details, otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winning entry in its sole discretion.
- The prize is a £500 (five hundred pound) Amazon voucher.
- Up to 12 prizes shall be awarded in total (6 prizes to be won by the end user and 6 prizes to be won by their builder).
- For the avoidance of doubt, by way of example a prize will be won by an end user who enters the Competition and then wins, and their respective nominated builder will also receive a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify any of the information provided by a winner before awarding the prize. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any lost or returned prizes where it has made reasonable efforts to ascertain the correct postal address of the winners.
- The prize will be sent by post or email within 28 days from receipt of the prize winner’s name, contact number, email address and delivery address. Please note there may be postal delays due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- The winners may also be required to take part in reasonable further post Competition publicity for the Promoter, which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by the Promoter (or third parties on behalf of the Promoter) for publicity purposes and agree to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
- By entering this Competition, each entrant acknowledges that if they win a Prize, their surname and county of residence and winning entry (if applicable) may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter at email@example.com. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the UK Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. This may happen where, for example, the Promoter is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place. To request disclosure of the winners’ details, enquirers must submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 August 2020. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after all prizes have been validly claimed.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Entrants agree that the Promoter can re-post, re-tweet, publicise and otherwise use the photograph or other content provided by you in participating in the Competition. You agree that we can do that via the same platform(s) that you posted or shared the photograph or other content, as well as via other social networks and digital marketing platforms that we use, and on our websites (including www.howdens.com) for as long as we deem appropriate.
- You acknowledge that by entering the Competition, you waive all rights to review, approve or receive notice of our use of the photograph or other content and agree to waive all and not to assert any moral rights (e.g. the right to be attributed as an author) or similar rights in such content.
- The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Competition.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information or technical fault of any kind.
- The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner, and to refuse entry or refuse the giving of any prize if the Promoter reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prize details are correct at the date of publication.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Competition is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition).
- After the entrants have been notified of their winning entry and accepted the prize, their entries may be displayed by Howdens in a Facebook or an Instagram post, which will be globally accessible, in perpetuity.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud, or any other type of liability which may not be limited or excluded under applicable law. Subject to that, the Promoter shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Competition;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize in transit thereto.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition (including the prize).
- This Competition is in no way affiliated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channel. By entering, you acknowledge that Instagram and Facebook do not bear any responsibility for this Competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Instagram and Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Competition. All information you provide when you enter the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channel.