Website terms and conditions
About our website
This website at https://www.howdens.com, including https://myaccount.howdens.com, https://careers.howdens.com and http://my-kitchen.howdens.com, is designed purely to provide information on Howden Joinery Limited.
Each time you access this website or any page of this website you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use our website.
This website is owned by Howden Joinery Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 00526923 and have our registered office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT, United Kingdom.
For the purpose of these terms and conditions "we", "us" and "our" refers to Howden Joinery Limited.
Last Updated: 22 July 2020
Our other policies
As well as these terms and conditions the following terms also apply to your use of this website:
- the cookies policy at https://www.howdens.com/cookie-policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our site.
Changes to these terms
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time by updating them on our website. You should review these terms and conditions (including changes) each time you access our website.
These terms and conditions were last amended on the date set out above.
Our rights to monitor and edit
No Reliance on information
Accessing our website
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice, block or terminate your or any other person's access to all or part of this website. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website.
You are also responsible for ensuring that everyone who accesses our website through your internet connection is aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Your account and password
Where we have given you (or you have chosen), a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat that information as confidential. You must not disclose it to anyone else.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have not complied with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our intellectual property rights
The intellectual property rights in this website, the material contained in it and any Howden Joinery Limited trade marks and brands included in that material belong to Howden Joinery Limited and/or its licensors and/or its suppliers. Those intellectual property rights are protected by laws and treaties around the world. All rights are reserved.
Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish, sell, or distribute the material on this website, or create any other material using material on this website, without obtaining our express prior written consent. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the author of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
Our limitation of liability
Neither we nor anyone else, including any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, will be liable for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or anyone else in connection with:
- this website in any way; or
- the use, inability to use or the results of use of this website, any websites linked to this website or the material on such websites.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss or damage due to viruses, distributed denial-of-service attacks, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to or use of or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
If you are a business user, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If your use of material on the website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all related costs.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by us to you. These will be set out in our trade terms and conditions of supply, which we will provide to you separately.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You may not edit, modify or re-distribute any content from our website, or use it for commercial purposes without first obtaining our permission. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Kitchen photo gallery
Our Site may include a gallery function, allowing those who have purchased a Howdens kitchen to have photographs of their kitchen featured on the Site, accompanied by a brief caption. Where we include this functionality, you may upload photographs of your Howdens kitchen directly to our Site. Alternatively, where you have posted a photograph of your Howdens kitchen on social media and tagged us, we may contact you to ask you for permission to post your photograph in our gallery. If you post a photograph to our Site directly, or you permit us to include your photograph in our gallery in response to our request, you agree to the following terms in consideration for the chance to have your photograph featured in our photo gallery and other marketing materials:
- You hereby grant to us and our group companies (“Licensed Parties”) a non-exclusive, non-revocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free right (without obligation) to use (and authorise suppliers to use) your photograph, your name, your likeness (if applicable), your social media handle and any other personal information you provide (including in any caption) (“User Content”), in whole or in part, worldwide for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the promotion of the Howdens brand, products and services in any and all media, including (without limitation) on the Licensed Parties’ digital and social media (including websites and mobile apps), printed publications and/or promotional materials (“Permitted Purpose”);
- You agree that all or any part of the User Content may be cut, edited, altered, modified, added to, deleted from, combined with text, music, sound or other materials and/or used to create derivative works for the Permitted Purpose and you waive all rights to review, approve or receive notice of the Licensed Parties’ use of the User Content or to receive further compensation in relation to its use;
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, and to the extent that any such rights have accrued to you in connection with the User Content, you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably waive all, and agree not to assert any, moral rights, performers’ rights and/or any other similar rights and all right of publicity and privacy in any country in the world in connection with the User Content. In particular, you agree that we shall be entitled but not obliged to credit you for the User Content and you confirm that your grant of rights in this section is not conditional on such credit being provided;
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years old, that you have full power and authority to grant us all rights granted in this section and that the User Content does not infringe the rights of any person or any applicable laws. In particular, you confirm that you are the owner of all rights in the User Content or that you have obtained all necessary licences, permissions, consents and other rights in the User Content from relevant third party rights owners to enable you to grant the rights herein. If your photograph features any identifiable person, you confirm that you have obtained the permission of that person (or their parent or legal guardian if a minor) to grant us the right to use the User Content;
- Where you post a photograph (with or without a caption) to our Site directly, you agree not to post any material that is or may reasonably be considered to be, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or otherwise unlawful.
If you believe any material in our photo gallery infringes third party rights or is otherwise unlawful or in breach of these terms and conditions, please contact us immediately, providing your name and contact details and clearly identifying the material you wish to report. Please ensure you tell us when and where you saw the material and clearly explain the nature of your complaint. We will review your complaint and decide what action to take (if any) in our sole and absolute discretion, which may include the removal of the material from where it has been published or displayed. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law.